Precision Wealth Management (PWM) and Q Wealth Partners are ecstatic to share that we have partnered with James (Jim) McInnis, who has also become an owner of Precision Wealth Management, a partner in the Q Wealth Partnership.
At PWM we are always exploring for the next opportunity to improve the firm for betterment of our clients’ overall experience. This strategic alignment brings in an industry touted professional to build upon our offering to our current and future clients/advisors.
Jim has been working in the wealth & investment management industry focusing on high-net-worth clients since 2006, first as a research analyst covering a variety of sectors and then as a Portfolio Manager and Fund Manager until November 2022.
- Prior to joining PWM and QW, Jim was a Portfolio Manager and Head of US Equities at BCV Management, where he worked from September 19, 2016 until Nov 14, 2022. He was senior member of the investment team co-managing over $3 billion in client assets. He also served as the lead Portfolio Manager of the BCV North American Equity Fund. He worked enthusiastically with multiple advisors and managed approximately 600 client relationships.
- Prior to BCV Asset Management, Jim worked at Cardinal Capital Management Inc. for 10 years and was part of the investment management team overseeing over $2 billion of client assets. He started as an analyst and quickly assumed responsibility for sectors including Consumer, Industrials, and then eventually also Technology, and later promoted to Vice President Investments & Portfolio Manager.
- Prior to joining Cardinal, Jim worked at Investors Group in their corporate head office in the Financial Analysis department. Jim began his career in the financial sector in 1999 at BMO.
- In addition to his Chartered Financial Analyst designation, Jim holds a Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) degree in Finance from the University of Manitoba. He is a member of the Winnipeg CFA society and the CFA institute in Charlottesville, Virginia.
- Jim is also a past Board member of the Manitoba Chapter of the Make a Wish Foundation (Formerly Children’s Wish Foundation), and served on their National Finance Committee. Jim is a proud father of two children (Tristan 12 and Nia 16) and enjoys coaching their sports and spending time at the family cottage.
Jim joined Precision Wealth and Q Wealth Partners to have more freedom and more say, but also more at stake by being an owner. He believes in PWM’s vision of servicing their existing clients locally while building out their offering to other clients and advisors across Canada. Becoming an owner of the firm he will combine his strengths in research, portfolio management, and servicing high net worth clients to offer a full suite of exemplary financial services to clients, while also setting a higher standard for investment service in Canada. Pending regulatory approval, Jim will be joining the Portfolio Manager Team at Q Wealth Partners. Jim had this to say about his new endeavour:
“I care deeply about my clients and advisors and knew I could serve them better, but it entailed having more insight into decision making so I formed a partnership with like-minded group of men and women who share that same vision. I connected with them instantly. Our skillsets were complimentary and together we could offer a very broad and deep suite of services to clients with a value proposition. This allows me to full fully utilize my investment and client relationship skillset with like-minded professionals to offer exemplary investment management and service to clients. My clients and advisors are like family. I feel we are creating a high-net-worth family-office with multiple investment options and services. We work with other professionals including accountants and lawyers to provide a one-stop shop for clients.
I have gained a lot of investment management experience, and relationships with financial advisors across Canada and wanted to build or join/create a firm that was exemplary in what they do. I’ve seen what works and what doesn’t. I wanted to place clients and advisors first, not company profits or sales growth awards. I’ve been researching investments and/or managing high-net worth client assets for nearly two decades. My research has taken me around North America and internationally. Getting to know companies and investment teams. And deciding whether we want to own these companies in our clients’ portfolios. Following a proven and time-tested strategy of investing in high quality dividend paying companies has served my clients well throughout my career. I firmly believe the growing stream of cashflow from rising dividends is a core component to client portfolio as they want to create a growing, predictable steam of income that outpaces inflation.”
The entire team at PWM and Q Wealth partners extend a warm welcome to Jim.